NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Longing for Spring
b1My fourth winter in Chicago has been difficult-- it's not the snow or the fact that it's going to be 1 degree F tomorrow. No, it's because I haven't seen SUN in over a week! While all the retail shops have everyone thinking spring (handy for me as they're discounting all the winter items already) it's been hard to remember a day when I didn't have to take extra time in the morning to layer on tights, boots, a scarf, 2 sweaters and a coat. Maybe I need a vacation in a warmer climate but for now am going to post some photos from 2010 that for whatever reason I'd never blogged. This set is from my 25th birthday back in March! Yes, it's almost that time again, I'll be 26 on March 22nd. Uh oh, when did I become a grownup?b2These photos were taken by my friend Albert in Logan Square. Locals will recognize it as the church that is near the Logan Square blue line stop. We stopped to take photos before having brunch at Lula Cafe, one of the best cafes in Chicago. I rarely wear this dress as it wrinkles so easily as unfortunately evidenced in the pictures!

Outfit Info:
1950s linen dress with huge sailor collar-- Fat Penguin Vintage in Pilsen (now closed)
T-strap flats-- Urban Outfitters
Red Belt-- Thrifted
1960s Leopard Handbag-- Buffalo Exchangeb3Albert got me all kinds of goodies for my birthday including a card that required 3-D glasses to read!b4Lula's version of my favorite brunch dish, Eggs Benedict. It was slightly southern in style and featured a corn cake base and cooked greens.b5Albert had a Mexican style dish with pulled pork.b6A slice of their amazing banana creme pie, Hoosier Mama has some competition!b7b8Albert took this photo of the table base & floor-- it has such a 19th century French cafe feel, our table also had a clear view of the road so we got to see the hustle & bustle of Logan Square from our seats. Can't wait until my upcoming birthday, I might be abroad for this one...