NYC Style Spot   +  spring

Things I hope not to see in 2011

I ended 2010 with a nasty stomach bug - too much overindulgence - and now I’m worrying about catching a nasty cold a certain man I know will surely pass on to me. So while I worry about what’s to come from this new year, let me enumerate some things I really, really, pray I won’t see.

Men wearing leather trousers - Not even on Brad Pitt, NOT even him. If he couldn't work the look, there is absolutely no logical, rational, or super-creative way in which it will work for anyone else. Stay away from them if you wish to have a decent conversation with me, and by decent I mean more than “hello, oh I see what you are wearing, and goodbye”

Harem trousers - They are still on trend and they still push hundreds of women (and men, and that is all of you) into countless magazines’ “how not to wear” sections. Seriously, if Mother Nature believed our crotches should be half way down our legs, she, quite the savvy gal, would have placed them there.

Grey - if that’s all u wear. I like the shade and it can look fantastic, but if you have more than 5 items in your wardrobe in that shade then there is something truly miserable about you. The all in one grey look is as hard to wear as double-denim, and there are more colours out there you really should be wearing. Spring trends will be all about colour, and you better get practising because soon you will realise that grey DOESN’T go with everything.

Shorts - Because I’m fed up of seeing twenty something girls with average legs looking horrid in these things. Are you leggy Chanel Iman? noooo! then put some proper trousers on! And don’t get me started on the shorts plus tights shenanigans..I will slap you!

Damm I start 2011 in good spirits! that’s a stomach bug for you ;)
So, any fashion pet peeves you don’t want to see this 2011?

Picture: Fashion Limbo