NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Red Pump Project


Thursday, March 10th was National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. In order to help raise awareness, each year The Red Pump Project asks that bloggers come together and rock red shoes! Of course I signed up, and in typical Gabi fashion, am a bit late. Nevertheless, I still want to help spread such an important message. Every 35 minutes, a woman tests positive for HIV in the United States. Though much progress has been made in the areas of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, women still represent 27 percent of all new AIDS diagnoses, with African-American women making up an overwhelming 66 percent of that number. Know your status! For a list of HIV testing sites, you can visit hivtest.org.

I had to buy a special pair for the occasion; I'm not usually a fan of the color red (especially when it comes to shoes), so it took a bit of digging to find ones that actually fit my style. I ended up choosing platforms from Jessica Simpson, and I paired them with my black harem pants, leopard print leotard, and turquoise blazer for a bit of an 80s color blocking effect. Sorry I couldn't get a full outfit shot I liked!Blazer: Thrifted/Leotard: H&M/Pants: Forever21/Bag: Thrifted/Shoes: Jessica Simpson