NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Updated Prep
{Photos by Fotowok}

The moment I saw it in stores, I had my heart set on wearing this bright patterned skirt with a navy and white striped nautical jersey tee. I thought the pattern and colour mixing was too ideal to ignore and that it was the best possible pairing for it. When I reached for it a few days later though, I was forced to improvise because I wasn't able to find what I wanted among the sea of clothes that were scattered all over my room from moving back from school. The result? I've concluded that I actually like this combination more! It isn't always so (I've experienced far too much stress from trying to throw together the "perfect" outfit last minute), but sometimes the styling process just works out so much better when it is done freely and without planning. And in spite of the cheesiness: when that happens, it's like magic. How do you get dressed? Are you a planner or an improviser?P.S. Have you checked out my giveaway collaboration with Club Monaco? Enter here!

Wearing: Joe Fresh skirt, Dynamite blouse (got this nearly 10 years ago for band concerts when I played the flute in school... haha), vintage belt and earrings, Zara shoes, sash from a random dress