NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Colour Blocking? Floor's the Limit!
(Wearing Self-Made Blue Maxi Skirt previously seen here, Self-Made Red Silk Blazer, Miu Miu Inspired Shoes from Ebay.com, Wooden Frame Tie-Dye Clutch from a Local Boutique, Thrifted Black Tank, Thrifted Ring, Vintage Wayfarers not pictured)

Had this skirt made in a gorgeous fluid blue fabric (think silk or jersey), it drapes beautifully and has loads of movement as I walk down the street in a merry swish-swoosh. Though my style isn't very bohemian, I think it may look great paired with with breezy tunics or simple oversize linen tees. But true to my style, for a more modern take, I stuck with solid colors and more tailored shapes.

If you are very tall, then the longer the skirt, the better—even if it skims the ground, even with flat sandals. But for shorter girls ::cough-me-cough:: a floor-length maxi can be tricky to pull off. This one sits two inches above the ankle and eight inches off the floor in most of my trusty shoes which lend me much needed height. :P The blazer is made of silk but I decided to keep the shape structured. Everytime it fluttered in the breeze along with my skirt, I could swear they were perfect companions! ;)
PS. Pardon the perm!