NYC Style Spot   +  vintage

Sunny Shopping at Randolph Street Market
randolphstreetmarket_leilaniAs summer winds down here in Chicago I'm trying to squeeze in as many outdoor activities as possible to take advantage of the sunny weather. This weekend was the monthly Randolph Street Market and Albert & I attended on Saturday. Surprisingly I hadn't been to the market since the blogger meetup there in May so was happy to get the chance to stroll around and take pictures.vintagebirdbroochThere were loads of well-priced jewelry at the outdoor booths, unfortunately I'm on a tight budget so couldn't snag any of the great pieces I saw-- instead I took pictures of two of my favorites. The bird brooch and bib necklace were from the same booth that was stuffed full of vintage baubles.vintagemetalbibnecklaceThis 1970s bib necklace makes quite a statement-- look at the mouse engraved on the necklace and the huge kissing fish. I came back about 20 minutes later to try and take another photo of it but it was already gone!utestitvintageduoPictured are two stylish vendors, Leah of Onomatopoeia Vintage and Heather Medina. Albert introduced me to Leah a while ago and I've purchased some amazing dresses and coats from her. Both Leah and Heather are wearing 1950s shirt dresses, I wonder if they coordinated their colorful outfits?vintagehatsLeah had an amazing bathing cap for sale, it has gold foil fringe on it! Also take a gander at the velvet hat, it would be perfect for autumn.vintageshoesvintagephonesbingcrosbyderbyvintagemetalbedvintagecoatsA bevy of 1950s/60s coats for sale, I actually own coats similar to the yellow, green and white ones (yes I have a ton of vintage coats).fiercepaintingI loved everything about this vignette, isn't the framed artwork stunning?hotdogshophornsbutterflywingpictureMy grandmother collected butterfly items so they always remind me of her. I have a few framed butterflies under glass hanging in my living room but haven't come across an collage made out of wings before, they remind me of the cathedral window-style collages that artist Damien Hirst created out of butterfly wings. The dealer told me this piece was at least 50 years old and he was asking $60 for it.MCMchairoldsignstopngovintagechalkboardsA clever idea, vintage frames turned into chalkboards. If I was good at d.i.y. s projects I'd try to recreate this look at home.vintagemapsunburstclockpaintedchestA gorgeous handpainted wooden chest that's likely a hope or marriage chest. I have dreams of some day finding a large wooden chest to use as a coffee table.poodleportraitAlbert took home this hand-tinted poodle photo from Leah's booth along with other goodies. Sally Schwartz, the organizer of the Randolph Street Market, snapped this photo of us on the way out of the market.

Photos of my outfit are forthcoming in a future blog post. Did you hit the flea markets this weekend? What did you find? Peruse fellow bloggers' vintage treasures at Her Library Adventures weekly roundup.