NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Polka Polka
I know I've been wearing sheer non-stop, but I can't help it! Whenever I shop, it's the first thing I gravitate toward and before I know it I'm buying another see-through top. Speaking of which, apparently a while back, a retailer posted an outfit of mine on their Facebook wall, and a reader informed me that it got a lot of negative feedback. People were saying how I shouldn't be wearing sheer at my size. I didn't check it (I know better), but I do forget that lots of people reading my blog are relatively new. I thought this would be a good opportunity to remind everyone that though this is a fashion blog, it's rooted in body acceptance. That means I refuse to dress "for my size," instead I dress to express my style. I pick out the same items (or at least styles) I'd wear if I were a size two. I have no issue showing my midriff, arms, legs, or anything else. I hope I don't sound preachy, and I know everyone doesn't subscribe to this way of thinking, but I just wanted to let you guys know where I'm coming from :)

When I saw this sheer polka dot button up in a newsletter from NastyGal, I immediately fell in love (there are cut-outs on the shoulders and in the back--SO cute). I paired it with khakis and my favorite spike collar necklace from Forever21.



As you can see, I decided to go back to dark hair for the fall.The amazing people at Arrojo Salon invited me back last week to celebrate the fact that they are now open on Sundays! I got my hair dyed, cut, and styled by an amazing team of people. If you're a New Yorker, you should definitely check it out. They are offering two for one specials on Sundays for the rest of the month!