NYC Style Spot   +  What I Wore

Circlets
I remember the first time I saw them in Celine's 2011 resort collection. The stood out like knock-outs against the clean, minimal dresses and I thought of them as non conformists, yes - bracelets for the neck. Thus began my love affair with metal collar necklaces. These collar-length rigid metal necklaces encircle the neck but don’t fit tight around the neck as a choker-length necklace would, nor do they conform to the shape of the neck; they stand away from the body and create their own space. They're everything I aspire to be ;) 

Notice those gorgeous silver and gold cuff bracelets too? Right off the bat, I bought a warrior-like rose gold cuff from ASOS and a couple other hammered silver cuffs for the Republic Of Chic online store but I was always on the lookout for that fabulous (and elusive, mind you) collar necklace. I'm so thrilled to have finally found them and not just for me, for you too! :) These dramatic eye-catching circlets have been interpreted by numerous designers and favored by loads of fashion editors this season. Circlets of all diameters and sizes, celine-like thick ones, thinner ones -  'supergalactic' comes to mind, doesn't it? All coming to ROC store soon.I spotted clever variations of the cuffs being worn as anklets on Jak and Jil. Can't wait to try this! Meanwhile how much do I love these?!Oh, do come back tomorrow to see how I wore mine today :)