NYC Style Spot   +  zara

Birthday Bouquet
(Wearing Zara Shirt and Pants, Prashant Verma Jacket, Mirror wedges from ROC Store, Beetle ring and Tuxedo Bow chain from Republic Of Chic Online Store)
A year older. Not all that much wiser. 

To begin with, I feel like a fool for breaking the bank for my Xmas and New Year's Eve indulgences and NOT waiting until the Zara sale which is on this whole month of January. In my defence, it was the first one Bangalore experienced and I don't enjoy being wrestled to the ground for a tweed jacket anyway. 

On the other hand, I'm kicked that my first outfit post of the year is also that of my birthday. Thank you for all your wishes, I had the merriest day with friends and family!  

Winter is still upon us but I'm already dreaming of gorgeous flowers in full bloom—sartorially speaking, that is! Erdem brought fancy frocks adorned with heavenly floral designs and applique lace and Celine did the same with stylish blazers and pants with Zara and ASOS quickly catching on - all this has inspired me to swap out my usual monochromatic outfits and minimalist colour schemes for a romantic (but always modern and intriguing) look that is hard to ignore. 

Of course you can always address this floral fashion trend in a more edgy way if you prefer—which is what I did here with a Zara shirt and leather pants. A lil' treat to myself, this Prashant Verma jacket I had ordered weeks ago arrived pretty in a package exactly on my birthday :) The Bondage-like wedges by Jeffrey Campbell add that punk element making it an age-appropriate look (yes, I will dress in 'Fetish-ish' clothing throughout my twenties while I still can) (and I saw a sweet Anglo-Indian aunty bill this same floral shirt right after me, thats why the age references ok?) that is also chic.
And now for those of you who didn't raise their glass with me on Facebook, toast with me - To a year of fun and fashionable, crazy and colourful and ridiculously remarkable times ahead! :) CHEERS! :)