NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Skincare Secret: Oatmeal
I guess this secret isn't actually really a secret: ever since I adopted this practice about half a year ago, I've been raving about it to nearly everyone I know. In short, using oatmeal to wash my face has eliminated my need for any chemical injected cleansers and it is now all I use. I do this once a day (in the shower at night) and follow with toner and moisturizer. It has normalized the oils in my skin and in the mornings I now just tone and moisturize. My skin has also evened out considerably and breakouts are more in control than they have ever been!I first found out about oatmeal as a cleanser from bubzbeauty on YouTube and I think she does a wonderful job of describing the process. Simply watch this video to find out how you can get started!
Also, please note: I don't wear foundation so oatmeal cleanses my skin sufficiently at the end of the day. If you do wear it, I'd suggest using oatmeal in the morning before you put your make up on and using your regular cleanser to remove your make up at night.
---------
Other tips to keep your skin looking its best (most are probably obvious, but are good reminders):
- Wash your bed sheets weekly
- Wash your make up brushes weekly
- Drink your required daily intake of water
- Exercise regularly. Sweat = ridding of toxins!
- Get the amount of sleep that your body needs
- Be diligent in your skincare routine!

Have you tried it? Let me know in the comments! Still need convincing? Check out these nearly flawless reviews of oatmeal on Makeupalley.
Questions? As always, you can ask me on Formspring!