NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

all about scarves
Fall is coming and the leaves are falling, having a sephia sight on the street, what a soothing experience. exclusively to myself, i try different things these days, i realise we live one time only, so why don't we make the best out of everything? before my wrinkles start to show and my hair starts falling, i just want to try different things with my hair! getting my hair permed today and i'm so so so so thrilled! <3

Today's outfit is a combination of a vibrant geometric legging with nightwalker shoes, and everything is perfect with my Clemente Talarico versatile scarf! And today we have a guest post from Stacie from scarves.net!
tank top - zara / scarf - Clemente Talarico / legging - H&M / boots / Jeffrey CampbellHere you go! guest post by,Stacie Grissom! 
This spring, I have a serious crush on color, pattern, and texture. Whether it's a bright flowing maxi skirt paired with a slouchy top, a retro polka dot dress with a peplum silhouette, or a pair of floral pants with a high-low tunic, I'm loving any interesting and unexpected mixture of details. One of my favorite ways to add a dash of color and a splash of texture is through scarves.This most versatile accessory is part of my daily style all year round -- even during spring and summer! Here are a few tips to keep in mind when selecting spring and summer scarves:

  • Think in color! Go for pops of neon or ladylike pastels.

  • Mix things up with a flashy pattern. Polka dots, tribal, stripes, chevron, floral -- there's a print for everyone.

  • Try texture through a pom-pom, tassel, or frayed fringe. I'm also loving ruffled scarves this spring.

  • Keep cool with comfortable and breathable cotton and linen fabrics.


And then, the most important part of spring and summer scarves...how to tie them! Spring and summer scarves call for their own set of tying methods. My blogger friends and I had a little photo shoot a while back. I'm going to share a couple of our looks that sport perfect-for-spring scarf style!how to tie a scarf bow tieMeet Molly. I'd describe Molly's style as girly chic, and she's a champ at pattern mixing. Here, she wears a sweet pink checkered top with a contrasting green geometric scarf. She tied it in a scarf bow tie, which I think serves as the feminine equivalent of guy's necktie.how to tie a scarfSarah's always trendy, but she gravitates toward classics, like this camel-hued trench. She adds a little spice to the basic jacket with a tribal-patterned scarf. Sarah tied this scarf in the bisous bow tie, which is perfect for any lighweight summery scarf! In this look, she's ready for spring's showers!how to wear a scarf like a vestAnd this one's me!I'm a big fan of vintage-inspired fashion, so I wore my favorite white daisy-dotted dress with a chartreuse circle scarf worn as an infinity scarf shrug. Letting a loop scarf double as a shrug vest is a cute way to add a little warmth on a chilly spring morning.
For more many more ways to tie a scarf, check out this Knot Library!
Author bio: Sarah Heckle is a fashion blogger from Indianapolis. When she's not writing or snapping style photos, she's hanging out with her family, friends, and cats!