NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

GabiFresh Makeover
A little over a month ago, I told you guys that I was going to give a makeover to one lucky reader. Firstly, I have to thank each and every one of you who entered to win; I was so overwhelmed and humbled by the amazingly touching emails I received. It was so hard to pick a winner--I hope one day I'm somehow able to do this again and again and again!

Though each and every email blew me away, there was one person in particular who stood out. Her name is Jasmine, and she wrote a sweet message about how she's a mother of three (a 3-year-old and a set of 16-month-old twins). She gained weight during her last pregnancy and wanted to rebuild her confidence. That's not all though! A few days later, I received another email from her husband Brian. He told me he didn't think his wife did herself justice, and went on to write a huge essay (unbeknownst to her) on why she deserved the makeover. He wanted her to feel as beautiful as he saw her every single day! What a sweet guy!!! Here's the photo that Jasmine sent me in her initial email (the "before" photo, if you will):2012-04-09_18-03-42_3091So that was that, I chose Jasmine as the winner, and she and her hubby drove all the way up from Maryland just for the occasion. We met at the Fashion to Figure in Yonkers, and immediately started going through the racks to figure out what would be best. She said she tends to stick to black and casual outfits, so I wanted to get her out of her comfort zone by choosing a bright dress. We pulled a bunch of options, and went off to the dressing room.

After trying everything on, there was one standout lace coral dress that we all agreed was best. We paired it with some great wedges and statement necklaces, and Jasmine then got her makeup done by Lola Alade of Image Creation (I told her we wanted to go for a bronze/summery look with a pop of color). Here's Jasmine after the makeover: newjazjasmineDSC_1020Dress and necklaces c/o  Fashion to Figure, Shoes- Aldo, available hereShe looks absolutely stunning, right?! She was so excited (and so was her husband)! Even though she felt good, she was still nervous that these photos would be on my blog so you guys have to let her know how fabulous she looks.

Thanks so much to Jasmine, Brian, makeup artist Lola and Fashion to Figure for all the help! We had a blast!