NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Goals of Summer
Goals. Long term or short, we all know that it's good to set them... if only to give ourselves reminders to stay on track. Although we are already well into the summer season (boo!), here is a short, realistic list of things I'd like to achieve before the leaves begin to fall this autumn. Publishing them online makes it that much more official... right? Happy Friday!
------------------

Be consistent
This is something that I constantly struggle with: consistency in Bible reading, consistency in exercising, consistency in eating well, consistency in blogging! It's easy enough to do these things in spurts when the mood strikes, but working at being more consistent is of paramount importance in order to build discipline.

Get my full driver's license
I've had my Class 7 (i.e. I can drive one other person) license for a few years now, and have put off getting it fully done for way too long. Pretty sure it's time to finish it for real so my poor friends and D aren't the only ones who have to drive!

Read 5 books
It seems, these days, that if I'm not checking my email, then I am on instagram. If I'm not sending a tweet, then I'm watching a TV show on my iPad. I grew up a bookworm and now find it ridiculously difficult to just sit still and devour a book. I hate that my attention span has gotten so much shorter - I want to change that! Do you have any non-chick lit, non-trendy (Fifty Shades of Grey I'm looking at you), reasonably light summer reads that you can recommend?

Learn how to make delicious macarons
A couple of years ago, I tried my hand several times at making these delectable morsels of sugar,and even came out relatively successful once. Then, macarons started popping up all over the city and it became so much easier to just purchase them. However, since trying Laduree in New York this past May, the ones in Vancouver just don't really hit the spot anymore! I'm not saying that my standard of baking will measure up to that of the French-based brand, but it will be nice to be able to make them to suit my own tastebuds!

Stop buying so much coffee when I'm out
It adds up. Enough said.
------------------
Do you have any goals this summer? Please share!