NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Blackout
I've been doing a pretty good job this year of incorporating more color into my everyday wardrobe, but I'll admit--with the return of the crisp fall air, I've slipped back into wearing lots of head-to-toe black. It's one of my favorite looks; an all black ensemble is chic, timeless, and effortless. The key to making it interesting is by layering and mixing textures.

I've teamed up with one of my favorite places to get affordable, on-trend items, Fashion to Figure, to show you how fun details in black pieces (like mesh, cut-outs, sequins, etc) can make an otherwise boring outfit come to life. Today I wore their sparkly mesh peplum dress (available here), but I wore it as a top! The dress is definitely a night-out statement piece (perfect for upcoming holiday parties), but by adding a coat (available here), skinnies and flats, I accomplished a completely different look.
DSC_0463DSC_0656DSC_0743Dress (worn as top)-Fashion to Figure/Necklace-Fashion To Figure/Coat-Dorothy Perkins/Jeans-F21/Shoes-Dolce Vita 

I also got this cutout button up and this mesh insert dress which are great for this effect! More to come soon.