NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Holiday Style at The Vintage Garage Flea Market
market35Merry Christmas to all my readers that celebrate the day, it feels like the holiday season slipped by faster for me this year. One of the reasons may be that I left the city (Chicago!) a bit earlier than usual to have a longer "winter break" in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas. I'll be posting many photos from my festivities soon but for now I wanted to pictures I'd taken at the holiday pop up edition of the Vintage Garage Flea Market. The market was held in a multi-story parking garage in Uptown over the summer and for the months of November and December it popped up as a 2-day weekend event in Edgewater. It was a smaller, more intimate market with 30 or so vendors and the merchandise was more focused on holiday decor and gift items.

Of course the best part of photographing the flea markets is being able to visit with all my friends who are also dealers there. We all had a bit of fun with some of the items for sale including the 1950s blowmold reindeer above that my friend Leah and I are posing with above. Even though I didn't have a tree in my apartment this year, I went a little crazy stockpiling "kitschmas" items for my future vintage aqua aluminum tree (a girl can dream, right?)

Note: You're going to see a few outfit changes throughout this post as the pictures are from both days of the November and December markets.market1market2Does anyone else remember these plastic ballerina cake toppers from their childhood?market3Miniature bottlebrush trees.leah_karynKaryn of Dethrose Vintage and Leah modeled vintage choir robes that Leah was selling in her booth.market4market32I'm lounging in a vintage kilim chair that I found in SB Securro's booth. The 1970s dress is a bit of a departure from my usual style but the sequins and chevrons seemed perfect for the holidays.market8market34market11market12market10market13Karyn's little Christmas display in her booth perfectly encapsulates her style-- I loved the soft colors and shimmery bags.market36I liked how Karyn accessorized with leopard from head to toe!market14Karyn shared a booth with her brother Jon, the photo above and the next 3 are of his always wonderful and intriguing mix of items.market15market16market17market31My friends Kyla of Lost and Find Vintage and Sarah of Zzouzi Vintage wearing their unique versions of little black dresses in their shared booth.market29market28market27market26market25market6market7market45market42market18Yes, I did buy this faux 1970s mustache. It came from Leah's booth. I want to frame it!market19market20market21market22market38Robyn and Joe of Take 2 Vintage brought a working belt exercise machine (it was featured in an "I Love Lucy" episode to the market.market44market43market41Christmas cat cards spotted in Poly Go Lightly's booth.market39market37Until I find my aqua aluminum Christmas tree this vintage (1930s?) aqua bottle brush and mercury glass ornament Christmas wreath will tide me over. Kyla tried on and purchased this vintage dress from our friend Dena's booth. I thought it would be perfect for New Year's Eve! market23 Deadstock treasures spotted in Laura's booth. market33Hanging out with some of my favorites ladies on the 2nd day of the December market. I'm wearing a 1950s velvet dress. From left to right is me, Karyn, Sam of Rose Vintage, Kyla, Sarah and Laura of Poly Go Lightly.
Thankfully The Vintage Garage will be popping up again in January and February to get us through the cold, dark days of winter here in Chicago. Be sure to check out the website for the dates and location. You can also see more photos I took of the markets on the official Vintage Garage Chicago facebook page.