NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Sunshine in the Heartland
thriftaholic_fenceUsually I can count on it being at least 20 degrees warmer than Chicago in my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas when I go home for the holidays. The first few days of my vacation it looked and felt like autumn-- golden light, 50-60 degree weather and leaves still on the trees. It didn't last, however, as it dipped down to freezing temperatures and even snowed (a rarity in the South).

My mom took these set of outfit photos for me on one of the warm days-- I'm wearing several items that I bought while back at home. The setting is Gulley Park, the park closest to my parents' home. I have fond memories of attending outdoor birthday parties there and observing people play the bizarre sport of frisbee golf.thriftaholic_bridgeOUTFIT DETAILS
Late 1950s dress (that someone shortened at one point): Cheap Thrills, Fayetteville, Arkansas
1960s sequin cardigan: Thrifted in Chicago
1950s blue straw purse: Thrifted in Arkansas (found it in my old bedroom)
Black & white spectator oxford heels: Crossroads Trading Company in Chicago
Sparkle polka dot tights: JCPenny's thriftaholic_gulley2I borrowed these wooden bracelets from my mom (she thrifted them in Arkansas) and I'm wearing a vintage Baltic amber ring and Native American turquoise ring I thrifted in Chicago.thriftaholic_shoesI wore these shoes a lot while I was at home, it's too cold in Chicago to wear them now!thriftaholic_gulley3Posing with a dazzling tree, I kind of felt like I was taking my senior portraits for high school again.thriftaholic_gulley1I enjoyed the color palette and print of this dress.thriftaholic_fence2Now I'm battling 17 degree weather here in Chicago, it seems like these photos were taken so long ago!