NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Make Up, Minimized
While packing for New York last month, I was faced with a bit of a challenge: I wanted to bring everything I needed, but had to make sure I'd still be able to handle my luggage on my own (it was my first time traveling independently, and honestly I am kind of weak). Since I was bringing a ridiculous amount of clothing with me for fashion week, I needed to pare down on the toiletries. Make up-wise, I wanted to make sure I wasn't lugging around my entire up collection, while still having everything I wanted to look fully put together. Here's are some tricks on what I did to minimize; some of these products have been used since the last time I did a make up related post (here), but I've also found many new favourites since!FaceConcealer (this is my new HG!) to hide tired eyes and blemishes, bronzer and a powder (with SPF!) to keep things natural and fresh.Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer / Bare Minerals faux tan & Mineral Veil / Bare Minerals brushEyesA great brow powder that also doubles up as an eyeliner for daytime, and a no-budge gel eyeliner to amplify a look come nighttime. Prior to NYC, I indulged in eyelash extensions at Wink in Vancouver, and it proved to be a great payoff! It minimized my routine time, I got to bring less and I also looked more awake during my flight and when I woke up. I am still enjoying them over a month later.Anastasia brow powder in Brunette / MAC Fluidline in Black Track / MAC & Sephora brushes LipsOne lipbalm, two choices of lip colours (classic red and a more fun, super moisturizing fuchsia). Over the past year I've gotten much more comfortable with sporting a bright pout and now love it as the quickest way to add personality and style to any outfit, even the most basic traveling get up! p.s. I use the lip pencil as a lipstickMAC lip pencil in Brick / Clinique Chubby Stick in Plushest Punch / Smith's Lip Balm SkinOatmeal is still my favourite cleanser (see here for full post) and I love that it's easily disposable. I also bring trial sized versions of eye make up remover and my favourite toner (along with q-tips and cotton pads in a Ziploc). Additionally, I use sample moisturizers, usually from Kiehl's, because they take up virtually no space. Unless you have very sensitive skin that needs specific products, I think it's the best way to go. Oatmeal / NARS Oil Free Eye Make up Remover / Skoah turbo tonik I hope this will be useful for you the next time you travel! What does your travel beauty routine look like?