NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Shop til you drop of heat

Before my experience of Milan, I can honestly say I didn't really know much about the place. I knew it was popular for its film festival, fashion and nightlife, but I had no idea what to expect.

The morning after I arrived in Milan, I made my way towards the "shopping district" and found that no one was really out. It was Saturday and I was a little shocked a the lack of people, I haven't even considered that maybe it was because it was 8:30 or so on a "Saturday". Come 10:30 and the streets were full of bustling shoppers, musicians, tourists with big cameras and so forth.I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Milan, except for the heat. It hit around the 38 degree mark as we arrived on the Friday night, just as Italy had a het wave blossom. Of course that was to happen when I was in the country, how dare Italy do that to this winter-loving sweethart!

In Milan I didn't do much but shop and get utterly lost. Thank goodness the shop assistants everywhere spoke English and were lovely people, otherwise I may have never found my way back to the hotel. Milan is where I fell in love with Italian shoes and of course I bought some (which will be showcased on the blog in the future I am sure).In these photos I am wearing a dress that I had purchased in Paris from Banana Republic, paired from a pair of flats from Zara in Paris and sunglasses from Asos.