NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Queen of the pack

There's this sense of power invested into a leotard, particularly one with your totem on it. As much as I like to pretend I'm a skeptic when it comes to "spiritual hocus pocus", I am very much a believer in totems and find myself becoming more and more like a lion. This seeps through into what I wear day in, day out. There are often times I'm happy to be a lazy lion and stick to my usual routine, or the same styles of clothing (usually fit & flare dresses), but there come times when I need to re-evaluate my place in the pride and do something bold so I can keep my rightful throne.

I love this leotard that I picked up from The Happy Cabin at West End last year. It called to me with it's gorgeous print of a lion, as most fashion lion prints tend to be more masculine, and I like to think of myself as a tactful, strong yet warm and approachable lion.

I love the detailing at the back as it allows me to show off my body art. Paired with these delightful flocked stockings and a pair of doc martens I have literally only worn twice, I'm pushing the limits of my "lazy dressing" and making a statement to the rest of the pack.Photographs by Elise Walsh

Leotard - The Happy Cabin
Flocked Stockings - Asos
Boots - Doc Martens
Flower Crown - Lovisa
Earrings - Lovisa