NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Riverfire 2013

On Saturday night it was Brisbane Festival's Sunsuper Riverfire fire works spectacular, and there we were nestled up the valleys of Kangaroo Point, a picnic fest spread out full of an array of gluten free goodies from fruity fondue to guacamole dip and short bread. We found our spot at around 3:30pm and spent the afternoon enjoying one anothers company, with a cider or too and a playlist courtesy of Triple M radio station, until the lights took off at 7pm for a half hour spectacle. It was the best Riverfire I've ever experienced. It may have been the firework display, or the company, or the food, or all of it together. It was so very lovely.

After the show we threw away our picnic supplies and walked across the bridge to my favourite tiki bar, Alfred & Constance in Fortitude Valley. Luckily I was prepared and arranged that everything be disposable, including our $5 picnic rug (second hand doona) from Vinnies.

I wore a little ensemble made for the occasion by Kirsten of Dickybird Dresses. She is simply marvellous! The "dress" is actually a little crop blouse and high waisted skirt, which I am sure you will see more of in the future. I plan on mixing the two pieces up with several other pieces in my wardrobe.

For the evening, I paired the two piece with a headband from Evelyn Curtis. The latest SS13 collection from Evelyn Curtis will be launched this Friday at Capulet Bar in Fortitude Valley. Come along and say hi. I always love meeting readers.A sneak peak of our picnic spreadPina Coladas at Alfred & Constance with EllyWith Lexi & Tiana before we walked up to Kangaroo PointAn image from the fireworks display, in case you missed it