NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Bourke St, Melbourne

On Friday Lexi and I arrived in Melbourne, greeted by the cool essence of a southern spring muddled with the anticipation of the many adventures we were sure to have over the next few days. Days and days of exploring, discovering and enjoying one of the most adorable cities ever, Australia's bohemian wonderland, Melbourne.It wasn't long after we stepped off the shuttle bus from the airport that we came across a little cafe that embodies the very fairytale of Melbourne's bohemian nature. Kinfolk Cafe on Bourke Street, right by Swanston Station, delivered us a warm serving of beetroot risotto (for myself) and tomato soup with turkish bread (for Lexi). We drank tea and relaxed in the corner of a cafe that I could describe no other way than as the whimsical meadow where Alice finds herself chasing a rabbit with a pocket watch.Another delightful place we found ourselves on our first day was in a magical land simply known as 'The Candy Room' on the corner of Queen and Bourke Streets. This little shop is bustling with Christmas inspired sweets ready for the holidays, as well as classic favourites such as chocolate honeycomb and flavoured liquorice.We also managed to find so many adorable homewards and decor boutiques, chief among them Rap, which has two stores in Melbourne (Little Collins Street & Bourke Street). This place was caked head to toe in festive inspired wonderfulness! Sometimes I really wish there wasn't a luggage limit when travelling, so I could have bought out the whole store. It was just that beautiful.
I could not resist taking a photo with this adorable girl in her owl costume.
Koko Black is one of the most popular chocolate cafes off the Bourke Street strip, and everytime I end up in Melbourne I mean to visit the little arcade cafe. This was my first time and will definitely not be my last, even though there is no way it could pull my favourite chocolate hang out (that we went to the following day) out of the water. I tried a milk chocolate mocha on skim milk.I wore a dress from The Hiding Tree paired with crisp white accesories from Wittner, Myer and Forever New.The first days purchases included an adorable little porcelain dish, printed scarf from Hill & Dale (Royal Arcade) and some tasty treats from The Candy Room.