NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Rent the Runway Holiday Shops
Many of you may have heard that the awesome dress rental site Rent the Runway now offers plus sizes, including exclusive pieces designed by Badgley Mischka and Carmen Marc Valvo! I literally squealed when I got the news via Nicolette, because there have been countless times I've wanted to use the service but unfortunately couldn't find my size. It was a no-brainer, then, when they asked if I'd be willing to curate one of their Holiday Shops. There are six themes, from Office Party to New Year's Eve Celebration, and I was in charge of choosing items (from both straight and plus sizes) for Black Tie Bash. Black tie events obviously don't come around too often, which is why RTR is great--you don't have to splurge on a designer dress you only wear once; you pay the rental fee, wear it to your party, and send it back.

For formal events, I love wearing dresses with a classic, chic silhouette and adding some glam with accessories (and yes, RTR has those too). Check out some of my top picks below and see the rest of them here! photo RTR-accessories_zpsb3f03eb8.jpgphoto RTRdresses_zpsfaf27686.jpg