NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

seeing green
When high end label Teri Jon reached out to me about trying one of their dresses, I assumed it was in error. I'd seen their beautiful gowns and cocktail dresses while browsing the straight size section of Saks.com, and I assumed they wouldn't have my size. Turns out I was wrong--they have select items up to an 18! Though I know we'd prefer they extend their range even further, I found it a pleasant surprise considering most mainstream designers stop at a 12. I fell in love with a printed dress and was ecstatic to find out it was one of the items that came in my size (unfortunately it's out of stock, but here are their top 5 plus size dresses--the pink one is divine). I love the luxe color combo, the shiny textured print, and the leather detailing at the shoulders. I wore it with my patent leather booties from Dorothy Perkins, Stella & Dot necklace and Rebecca Minkoff speaker clutch (yes, that's a clutch purse that turns into speakers.)

 I was absolutely miserable and freezing in this photo, which you can totally tell by my facial expression. (I'm so not ready for a Chicago winter...luckily, I'm moving to LA soon! Not sure if I announced that here yet). I was wearing a coat but took it off so you guys could see the details of the dress.photo final_zps30e65ff4.jpgphoto Gabi-6_zpsb781c0b5.jpgDress-c/o Teri Jon/Coat-ASOS/Clutch-Rebecca Minkoff/Boots-Dorothy Perkins/Necklace-c/o Stella & DotPhoto Credit: Chuckstr//@chuckstr on twitter & instagram

SHOP THE LOOK!