NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

The Wild Things Will Eat You Up

After a few hours they grew tiresome and hungry and began to fight. They roared and thrashed and made a mighty noise and so the queen got mad right back at them. Then one of the wild things turned to her and shouted...

"You know what? You can't do that back to me. If we're upset, your job is not to get upset back at us. Our job is to be upset. If I get mad and wanna eat you, then you have to say: "Oh, okay. You can eat me. I love you. Whatever makes you happy, Judith." That's what you're supposed to do!"

The queen looked at the wild thing confronted by this idea and suddenly felt ill. She walked away from Judith, until she came to the castle they had made her by the old tree and she lay down to rest. It was way past dinner time, and she was going to bed without supper, but she'd rather that than be eaten.Here's the second instalment of my project with Brisbane sleepwear designer Along Came Poppet. I absolutely love the concept of wearing a baggy shirt to bed and this gorgeous nightie gives that illusion, complete with baseball style figures. I picked up this net canopy from Ikea a couple of months ago, besotted by the concept of trying to hide in a sheer tent.Makeup by Haley McGregor
Photos by Elise Walsh
Clothing available here
Quote in text from 2009 film adaption of Where The Wild Things Are (credit: IMDB)