NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Wavy
I've been obsessed with the wavy bob ever since Karlie Kloss debuted her new hair over a year ago and the fashion world called it the cut of the moment. Then, when Bey was spotted everywhere in 2013 with her own take on the 'do (way before her album release), I was even more determined to get the style. photo karlie-kloss_zps6607eb70.jpgphoto beyoncc3a9-mine2_zps47445419.png When I finally did cut my hair into a bob right before the arcade photo shoot, I was excited to try beachy waves. I used my curling wand, but never quite achieved the style I really wanted. As a dedicated customer of The Dry Bar, I usually requested the Cosmo (loose curls), but with my new, shorter cut, I decided to get the Mai-Tai (messy waves) to see if their version was what I'd been searching for. Well, it was...and now I'm addicted. I go back every other week to get the style, because it's seriously so perfect. I've never had a hair cut or style that fits me so well.After my latest visit to the Dry Bar, image via my instagram. Don't judge my brows! I was growing them out after a particularly bad experience. I've since gotten them done :)  I'm wearing Bite's high pigment lip pencil in Zinfandel--obsessed. Disclaimer: I LOVE Dry Bar, but often get asked by black women if the stylists can do black hair. Each time I go (I've been to many different locations), there are at least a few black stylists and customers. However, as my hair is relatively fine and not too thick,  I can't personally say how good they are with coarser/kinkier natural textures.
I realized not too long ago that so many of my favorite bloggers are rocking a version the wavy bob right now too! The style seriously seems to work on everyone.photo DSC_0304_zps4beb1cd8.jpgNadia Aboulhosnphoto IMG_9319_zps6c793460.jpgStephanie Zwickyphoto 11580448923_7c3c187014_o_zpsba75f655.jpgKarla Derasphoto 11396638683_837bd58b76_c_zps71e8bb61.jpgNicolette Mason

I've been wanting to go blonde since the 9th grade, but I always get cold feet. I'm pretty sure now is the time, it's the perfect addition to this style. Between all of the Beyonce inspiration and my upcoming move to LA, I just think it makes sense--I even bought this wig to test out the color before I fully committed, and I sort of love it. What are you guys planning to do with your hair in 2014? Any big changes?