NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

MSFW Reflection

Melbourne Spring Fashion Week graced Melbournes beautiful Town Hall and surroundings last week, and as it was my first year living in the city during the festivities it would have been ludacris to miss. Model Zachary Zasada and I were anxious to see what the new season would bring. We were anticipating the collections to be enhanced with Springs annual influx of floral prints and feminine tones. This season was similar to others dotted with soft lines, vibrant prints and lace undertones, however it was also dotted with an exciting combination of trendsetting pieces from Alice McCalls line featuring gorgeous jumpsuits to Carly Hunters edgey take on coordinates.

The Designers:
ALICE MCCALL
CARLY HUNTER
LIFE WITH BIRD
LUI HON
MANNING CARTELL
NEO DIA
WILLOW
YB J'AIME
KAHLO


I know I shouldn't have favourites but Alice McCall would have to be my favourite collection. With each ensemble, either Zachary or I would whisper "that's very FS", but my favourite piece from the entire collection wasn't even showcased on the runway. Instead I found
this amazing jumpsuit whilst scrolling through the pre-order checklist after the show. My favourite piece featured on the catwalk was a sweet sort playsuit. Needless to say, I'm quite a fan of the all-in-one this season, and any season to be honest.

The Outfit:
Dress worn as Skirt by I Make You Wear It (custom design)
Jacket by Bardot
Shoes by Zu
Clutch by French Connection