NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Wanderyear taken to new heights

Recently I was trying to work out how I could possibly outdo the events of my wanderyear so far. I've already been to multiple states, cities and delightful townships. I've been on boats, planes, trains and many a car to get to my locations of wander. I've moved cities!

One of the things I have been meaning to do for about a year now is fight my fear of heights by parachuting out of a jetplane. Dare devil? Perhaps, but it was a topic of conversation with my boyfriend Jarrod recently and he decided to surprise me with a voucher to sky dive over Melbourne. On Saturday I took the plunge, literally, and it was amazing. Whilst I may have been cursing my man during the original free fall, once the parachute was up I was having the time of my life, encapsulated by the awe inspiring views from up above. As we settled below the clouds, spinning and weaving about the skyline, we took in a birds eye view of Albert Park, St Kilda, Elwood, Port Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs, before landing as gracefully as possible at Elwood reserve and into the arms of my love.

The only problem I'm facing now is how to match this experience, and I've got a sudden new intrigue for the skies above. Perhaps something a little safer next time, like hot air ballooning, so I don't give my parents a heart attack.