NYC Style Spot   +  This Guy

Better than Tinsel, Puppies & Coffee: Announcement

I'm still shaking with utter excitement and bewilderment. I honestly do not know how to process my feelings or thoughts. You see, it turns out, I'm wife material and this guy Jarrod who I absolutely adore, admire and love with all my heart, wants me to be his. I'm pretty positive my homemade gluten free banana bread and lame dance moves to Justin Timberlake songs have something to do with it.

About a month ago ago when my dad was in town Jarrod asked both my parents for their blessing of our hopeful union. They were absolutely over the moon. It's comforting hearing what they have to say about us, from the outside looking in. It's also positively wonderful.

Jarrod and I went away for a trip along the great Ocean road over the weekend. After getting some things together for the weekend on Friday afternoon we took a stroll down to the beach for a coffee as the sun disappeared over the horizon. We talked about many things including our desires for the future. Deciding to head home for some home made ️gf gnocchi for dinner and a quiet night in with a bubble bath so that we were refreshed for the next day, I had no idea what was in store. I have no idea how long we'd been home before Jarrod called me into the living area from where I was getting things out of the fridge to cook up our feast. I obliged and was happily surprised by my amazing man down on one knee, ring at the ready. I was lost for words as he said his spiel about how he needed me in his life and asked me to be his wife.

Of course I said Yes. How could I not? He's an absolute babe, with charm to boot, he's a brunch enthusiast, who loves french bulldogs and tells me I look gorgeous every single day. Before I met him I had no idea that humans could be so awesome. Seriously, he's just blown my expectations of the human race out of the water.

This human, who I have had the privilege to meet, learn from, share with and escape to, is my prince charming, and although neither of us are perfect, even at the best of times, we are are just the right amount of imperfect for one another. That's all there is to it and to sound completely cliche, and rom-com-esque he completes me in a way I could have never thought possible.

Some will say we're moving too fast, but those who have felt this gravitational pull towards someone, understand that you just know when you've found that person you would move mountains for.

So what's next? Well as the joyous festive season is fast approaching we have decided to hold off any plans until next year, except perhaps a small engagement toast with a few dear friends. For now I'm just going to glow in the knowledge that I get to grow old with my best friend, and he's happily willing to grow old with me.

Here's some obnoxiously PDA photos --- but I think I've got well enough reason to flaunt something as sincere as what I have right here.