NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

5 Years Later

Hi Sweetharts!

Five years ago today I published my first post on my new domain! This is when I decided to become more dedicated to the blogosphere. I purchased a domain, disabled comments due to previous spam and pulled away my mask. It was the first time I published a photo with my face, as prior to this I had some serious security concerns.

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who has tuned in over the past five years and re-share two images that I think sum up the blog over that period. Originally, I had plans to do a massive dump of photos from 2010 - 2015 of the blogs different faces, the highs and lows, the weight fluctuations, the different fashion campaigns and holidays. The duck faces and the candid smiles... but when I went to look I found something even more worth sharing.

The two images above are over four years apart.

The first was from 2010, during the first year of New Addiction (as it was originally coined). For a whole month, I focused purely on articles about happiness and shared readers stories about their own lives and what made them happy.

The second was from my trip along the Great Ocean Road with This Guy last year, two days after we got engaged. My expression is one of pure joy and happiness.

Whilst both myself and this blog have changed and evolved over the past five years, one thing remains the same. I am happy. I am genuinely, candidly, completely smitten with life. No matter how tough things may seem or how much I try to look fierce a smile will almost always make it's way through, and when it doesn't appear to be, it's just a matter of time.

If you were to judge my appearance on these photos alone that hasn't changed much either, but those of you who have been active readers, would know this is not the case at all. Goes to show, no matter how far you venture, sometimes you come right back to your original roots (I'm so funny!)