NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

#Teambatmanwedding part one
I can't believe that just two weeks ago I was walking up a garden path in Hobart to my handsome husband-to-be at our gorgeous wedding ceremony! It already feels like a lifetime ago and yet it also feels like only yesterday.

We were married at the gorgeous heritage gardens at Cascade Brewery, at 9:30 in the morning, before they were opened to the public. The weather on the morning was absolutely perfect. It was forecast to rain but this held off until way into the afternoon at a time where we absolutely couldn't care if there was a hurricane outside or a heat wave.

When we arrived at the brewery both my mum and dad walked me up to my prince charming, to Edith Piaf's La Vie En Rose through a forest of Tasmanian ferns and roses. It was absolutely amazing. I was such a bundle of nerves but I managed to keep my cool long enough to say my vows and sign our marriage certificate. We stood across from each other throughout the whole thing, my hands in his. The excitement, the love, the romance between us, meant that for the most part we felt totally unaware of anyone else but us and our beautiful celebrant Merren.After the formalities were done we left our family at the brewery for a morning cider whilst we went over the way to take some posed wedding photos together
(stay tuned for these in part two).

As our tummies started to grumble, we returned to our families for a quick garter toss, before we made our way to the Henry Jones Art Hotel to celebrate the special occasion with bacon, eggs and an orange juice or two. Anyone who knows us knows that brunch is our favourite meal of the day!

The staff didn't know we were a wedding party until we showed up and weren't they surprised, especially when we ran out the front after our wedding cake to share our first dance as husband and wife (crump style of course) and toss my bouquet into the ocean, where many of my beloved family members ashes have been scattered in the past.

The cake? Oh, yes we managed to find a delicious orange cake which was gluten free and dairy free at Daci & Daci. Then the pub crawl was on, taking my dress to multiple bars so we became the talk of the town.What a magical time it was and married life has just felt like an extension of the love and excitement felt on that day.

It was important to me to fly the Australian flag with our vendors. My bouquet was put together by my mum the night before with flowers we had handpicked from Salamanca Market that morning.

The Vendors
Photographer - Elise Walsh
Makeup - Caitlyn Denning
Celebrant - Merren Wilkinson
Ceremony Venue - Cascade Brewery
Reception Venue - Jam Packed
Dress - I Found Lucy
Headpiece - The Willow Branch
Shoes - Windsor Smith
Cake - Daci & Daci