NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

There is something said for working with people who see your vision, embrace your passion and tailor their skills to meet the dream you've unleashed into the open. This doesn't just go for when you're collaborating on a photo shoot, but stands for all areas of team work. Without a shared vision, you're not going to get anywhere that you want to be.

Recently I experienced the magic of collaboration once again with Katrina Boultwood, a Melbourne photographer who has the talent of taking my vision and making it hers. I am always so satisfied when I receive the final images from our collaborations. Here we had a Spring story to shoot in the mountains, but we were to shoot it in Autumn because once May comes along it becomes icy and I didn't want to jeopardise my health if I could avoid it. With bags full of beautiful spring prints, knits and crowns, we made Sherwood forest our home for the day and we had ever so much fun. Madeleine, one of my favourite makeup artists, went far and beyond to not only give me the glow my character was after, but a vintage inspired hairdo to match.

When the final images had been taken, a crowd had begun to surround our set looking on and taking photos on their smart phones, and my feet were well and truly covered in mud, it was hard not to feel a wave of fresh creativity. We couldn't leave yet, so we didn't. I threw on one final outfit, which had nothing to do with our story, and danced in the glimmers of light that feel from the canopy roof above. When Katrina sent me these the other day, I simply had to share with you.

Our story Wishing Well will be released in a couple of months.

Stay Tuned.
Wearing - Sportsgirl

Photography - Katrina Lee Boultwood
Makeup - Madeleine Goldsmith