NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Diamond In The Rough: Power Rebel

My mother used to insist that I never, ever, ever clash prints. There's some rule around it apparently, but I'm not really one to stick to rules when it comes to style. I create my own subconscious, and at times conscious, rules for my style. It's not to say I've ever been a real rebel. I attempted the goth/emo train for a while during high school, but I'm not a huge fan of wearing all black, so it didn't last for long and was a very amateur attempt.

Clashing prints is my way of rebelling against the styling rules set out by someone else, along with being barefoot on ample occasion at parties. This flows through to other aspects of my life.

Sure, sometimes I need to follow the rules and do something according to someone else, but there are also so many times when I can mix it up and rebel against the status quo. Afterall, the way it's always been done may not be the best way, and if you have a fresh take on something why not let that loose? Be the power rebel no one expects you to be. You might get it wrong sometimes, but you could end up starting a new trend, like clashing prints.Photographs by Katrina Lee Boultwood
Hair & Makeup by Kristy Wild
Dress from Princess Polly
Jacket from Billabong