NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Diamond In The Rough: Warrior

Inspirations like warriors Lara Croft and Xena have me thinking that sometimes the dresses are best left in the closet. Gone are the expectations that women wear dresses and men wear pants. It's not uncommon for women to sport tailored suits or cargo pants. It's not uncommon for women to wear dungarees and live in jeans, without being labelled a "tomboy". Sometimes a woman just needs to put on the pants and get to it, whether that be saving the world, acing that exam or exploring new countries. Sometimes it's just sitting in bed, listening to music and reading a good book.

With these lace pants I feel like a warrior, but I also feel like me, feminine, bohemian and free. I don't need to put my feminine tastes to the side when I opt for pants over dresses. That's the wonderful side of fashion, it's attainable for everyone, and it is constantly adapting, just as we are.Photography by Katrina Lee Boultwood
Hair & Makeup by Kristy Wild
Top from Princess Polly
Pants from Spell Designs
Backpack from Sportsgirl