NYC Style Spot   +  TIME

A Slutty Halloween with the Starving Stylist

“Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total SLUT and no other girls can say anything about it.”
-Cady, Mean Girls

I have mutual feelings about Halloween, I don’t love it nor hate it. I just believe that it’s the one day out of 365, which everything fashionable has gone down the sink-garburator and that you are basically allowed to dress up like a complete fool or a cheap looking whore without having bad judgement passed at you.

But for someone like me who doesn’t really take Halloween too seriously, I awfully struggle every single year with an idea of a costume of some sort. Sometimes I think to myself, maybe I should just walk out in public on Halloween in mis-matched oversized clothes, socks with holes in them and a pair of Crocs and just be a complete, “Haute Mess ” (No pun intended to fellow fab blogger AHauteMess xoxo).

This year, I was originally planning to dress up as a “DOUCHEBAG ” and sport a complete bejewelled Ed Hardy/Christian Audigier outfit from head to toe—bejewelled cap, flashy hooded sweatshirt, white sneakers, dark Versace sunglasses, Louis Vuitton man-purse worn across the chest and diamond chains around the neck... but I was afraid of getting SHOT so I completely canned the idea.

So with only a handful of days left before Halloween, I have finally thought of a costume worth cheering about and it’s something your alpha male of a father would definitely NOT approve of...a male cheer-a-leader! Yup, NO joke and NO turning back now. I’m completely throwing out my self-respect and self-dignity out the stained-glass windows for one night and I’m being a cheer-a-leader with shorts SO SHORT, I might have to worry about my man jewels spilling out!

So what are YOU being for Halloween this year?