NYC Style Spot   +  This Guy

Brisbane Baby Blessing

On the eve before Christmas, I'd like to share with you all a little glimpse into last Sunday's magical Baby Blessing event in Brisbane. My mum and my beautiful friend Elle turned my parent's back deck into the perfect setting for a special morning tea to celebrate the impending arrival of my baby girl.

Fifteen of my closest female family and friends, and Zachary for good measure, joined together around two tables (one of which my brother had kindly built only the week before so we'd all fit), which were filled to the brim with sweet paleo treats (courtesy of my mum), fruit, cheeses and a big delicious bowl of nonalcoholic pink lemonade punch.

It was such a beautiful day, where I had the opportunity to see so many faces I have grown to know and love over the years. Some of whom I had not seen for many moons. We shared stories of travel, of love, of adventures, of new business endeavours and those who we mothers themselves shared many a story of their own journey.On the guests arrival, they took off their shoes, were poured a drink and offered a seat somewhere around the tables on beautiful throw rugs I picked up on my travels to India earlier this year. We asked that they all fill out a little card with advice for us as new parents, and guess details like her birth date, weight, hair colour and so forth.I appreciate so much that these women are in my life, and that my darling Cub is sure to be welcomed into such a positive environment. My husband and I are being very specific about harbouring an environment for our tribe that is full of kindness, compassion and honesty. We plan to surround her with positive role models, of which this circle of women is just a start.Dress - Spell Designs
Flower Crown - Elle Skinner