NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Fav Finds (of Fayetteville)
My nearly 3-week visit to my hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas is drawing to a close. I'll be headed back to Chicago tomorrow morning and am already toying with the idea of going thrifting in the afternoon!

While the windy city is a thrifting mecca, I do enjoy perusing the stores back home. I've been going to Cheap Thrills, a store dedicated to both vintage and secondhand clothing, since I was in elementary school. Back then I usually visited when in need of a Halloween costume or an outfit for Decades Day during school spirit week; now I snatch up any dress from the 1940s-1970s in my size. Unfortunately in the way of apparel I only bought a slip (pictured below) and a dress this time around... I think it's the wrong season to be buying dresses!

This visit I also got to go to some thrift stores in the neighboring towns of Springdale & Rogers that I had never been to before. I've slowly stopped going to the pricier antique malls and indoor flea markets and instead go to the Salvation Army, Goodwill & other local charity shops. The only thing I miss during winter visits are garage sales... this just means I have to come back when it gets warmer!

A boxy gold & embroidered fabric bag possibly from the 1960s? It was made by Woolf Brothers and I think it was sold in a store called "Lou Taylor" in Miami (there's a little gold label that says that... could also have been the owner of the bag).

Found at Cheap Thrills for $15. It was a little overpriced but when I saw it in the window I had to have it.

A little plastic bird found at the Helping Hands Store in Rogers. Jade & I thought it was a bottle stopper? It cost 25 cents or under.

Two lovely Avon products... a covered powdered dish made of a Melmac-like material and a blue glass bird perfume bottle with a 'silver' head. He was hard to photograph so I included a few different shots.

The powder box was $4 at All My Treasures Antique Mall and the perfume bottle was $1.50 at The Attic thrift store.

A lace and satin slip found at Cheap Thrills for $8. I feel/look very va-va-voom in this...I'll be wearing it under my dresses of course. :)