NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Pretty Little Things
I collect a fairly diverse range of items, from kitchenware produced by Pyrex, FireKing and Glabake to purses, dresses and lockets from the 1940s-1970s. While I do keep an eye out for certain items or brands while out thrifting, I also usually pick up anything that appeals to me in an aesthetic sense, sometimes this is because of colour or shape. The following are a mishmash of items that are a little more precious & girly that I picked up while at various thrift stores and antique malls on my trip home last month.

A collection of items that I'll most likely be using on my dresser. The container on the left is probably a sugar bowl but I'll use it for hair pins or perhaps cotton balls. The small lidded jar is Avon and has a metal lid with a psychedelic pattern, I think it used to be for solid perfume. The ceramic jar is marked Made in Japan and reminds me of trinket boxes my grandmother used to have in her home.

A small tin tray painted with pink flowers. I'll probably hang this on the wall, maybe in the bathroom.

1950s silk purses, the two in front were found at Helping Hands Thrift Store and the one in the back is boxier and was found at my favorite vintage store, Cheap Thrills.

The little bell is missing her clapper but at only a dollar I couldn't leave her at the antique store. The kitten is a musicbox and the yarn ball is actually a little pom pom.

I've been looking for a structured straw bag for a while so was excited to find this granny-chic purse at All My Treasures antique mall for a few dollars. I can't remember if the two mugs are marked or not... Jade do you remember who these are by?

A better picture of the above mug.



I'm not sure what this little divided dish used to hold but I imagine it held candies or nuts. Found at The Attic for two dollars.