NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

All That Glitters
Oops, I took these photos a while ago but forgot to blog them. Here are two outfit pictures (dresses bought on my Memphis trip) along with some jewelry found on the same trip. The first few pieces are pretty typical of the style of jewelry I tend to favor, slightly gaudy rhinestone cocktail rings and more delicate pieces like lockets and cameos. I went through a bead phase about 2 years ago and now I seem to be gravitating toward chunkier, almost over-the-top '70s pieces. The necklaces below were all found at a Memphis Good Will, most are from the Sarah Coventry company. Originally I bought them to trade and/or sell but now I've pretty much decided to keep them. :)

I feel like this dress is a 1970s version of a Little House on the Prairie outfit. It ties at the waist in front and the back.

Dress-- AmVets Thrift, Memphis
Wicker Purse-- The Ark thrift store, Chicago
Brown Brogues-- Salvation Army, Chicago

I feel like I should be going on safari in this dress! I realized today that this is the third day in a row that I've worn navy tights or knee socks (oops).

1950s (?) dress-- Amvets Thrift, Memphis
Belt-- Urban Outfitters
Green Pocketbook-- Amvets, Memphis
T-Straps-- The Ark, Chicago
Leaf Necklace-- Good Will, Memphis

"Opal" Avon ring & German rhinestone ring from a little antique mall in Memphis.

I have no idea how old these are... the earrings are teeny tiny! Found at a little antique mall in Memphis.

The leaves seem like they should be hair clips (I've worn one more like a pin on a sweater).

I almost didn't buy this piece as it's rather unusual and not really my style but the 'amber' stone and bits of chain intrigued me.

A trio of necklaces... I adore the first one, it has a 3D feel to it, the flowers are cut out so they appear layered. The butterfly one reminds me of pins I used to buy my grandmother (who loved butterflies).