NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Sunshine Yellow on a Gray Day
So Chicago teased me with warm weather last weekend-- 60 degrees & sunny!!!-- but now it's back to chilly winds, 40 degree weather and worst of all, rain. Gloomy gray skies and flooded sidewalks always make me feel rather grumpy and it takes a lot of motivation to leave the house on a rainy day. Since buying this 1960s yellow raincoat at the Village Thrift a few months ago, however, I look forward to finding an excuse to wear it!

Since it's so bright I never really know what to wear underneath it... this time I wore a '50s dress with a yellow, orange & green pattern. I guess it's a bit bright, I wish I had more gray or slate blue in my warddrobe, like Liebemarlene who rocks a yellow Aquascutum coat over a gray dress and over a white dress with red accessories.

I bought this amazing umbrella with an allover print of tiny black umbrellas at the White Elephant thrift in Chicago. I'm not sure how old it is but it's made out of a cloth rather than plastic and has a curved wooden handle.

My copy of the latest edition of Pyrex, The Unauthorized Collector's Guide arrived in the mail today so I think I'm going to get cozy with it on the couch & post some pics/commentary about it on here soon. :)