NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

crispy!
ok people, summer is here and believe me i love the beach, i love to tan, and i love being in the sun. But i am also a FREAK about skin protection from the harmful rays of the sun, i see it as the more i do now the less botox and other creepy treatments that i will have to do later on! Here are my favorite sunscreens and sun tan lotions. Murad Oil-Free Sunblock SPF 30, $30. I love everything Murad makes because I trust them with my face. All of their products are so lightweight and so good for your face. This stuff is totally oil-free and feels like you're wearing nothing at all and more importantly doesn't irritate my skin in the sensitive areas like underneath my eyes and nose. Its a pretty small bottle however and not cheap. But hmm.. my face vs. my wallet. i vote my face. :D
Neutrogena Sunblock, Ultra Sheer Dry-touch SPF 55 $10. This stuff also comes in SPF 70! It goes on pretty dry, like the name implies, and its pretty lightweight. I also like the smell of it and the fact that it leaves behind a "matte" feel/look. But something in this stuff really bugs my eye/bags area.. So whenever i wear this i just avoid that area. Also its SPF 55. the more SPF, the better especially for my face.Aveeno Baby Sunblock Lotion SPF 55$10. This sunblock smells good, and feels great for my arms and legs for everyday use. It's really light and makes my skin soft like a baby's butt :D I do not recommend to use this on your face however, as it really really irritates your eyes if you sweat and it gets into your eyes or you accidentally rub your face/eyes.Hawaiian Tropic Waterproof Dark Tanning Lotion SPF 4$8. I am the type of person who either burns or doesn't tan at all. But with this stuff, I am able to not burn (very important) but still gradually built a decent tan. During the summer I have made my obsessive compulsive ritual to go to the beach every single saturday. So after a couple beach trips, using this stuff I actually see progress, whereas with EVERYTHING else I've tried usually caused me to burn from head to toe.Johnson's Baby Oil,$6. I know baby oil and tanning is a recipe for skin cancer but I use it in a very particular way. I only use it on my legs, and i only put it on after I've applied a SPF 55 sunblock, and I only use a teeeeeeny little bit. and i only do this once or twice, not every time i go to the beach. My legs are the hardest to get color, so this allows me to get the color without burring. The mixture of sunblock and oil doesn't feel good, but i only do it at the beach so it's not that bad.

What kind do you use?

Shirt, Urban Outfitters; Skirt & Cami, Forever 21; Shoes, gojane.com, Glasses, Dior Homme;