NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Vintage Glamour


So just a quick post to let everyone know I'm around... unfortunately the Internet is officially dead at my apartment so I've been squeezing in time when I'm at school. This summer I'm taking two photography classes-- one to learn studio lighting and the other is focused on using a 4 x 5 camera that is extremely clunky and old fashioned (and expensive in terms of film and processing) but produces a large negative that allows for super sharp focusing and the ability to print larger.

The photo above is a sample of what I've been working on... the above objects were collected from three different estate sales; they were plucked from the shelves of medicine cabinets where they had been for the past 40 years or so. I'm in love with the colours and packaging of these old products... I wish powder & cremes weren't quite so utilitarian nowadays!

Be sure to click the photo to see the larger version... you'll be able to see much more detail.