NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

i seal my lips
in the last post a couple of you asked me questions regarding where i am from and my wierdo name:

  • I am full Lebanese was born and raised in Lebanon, and moved to the US when i was 11 years old.

  • taghrid (ta-gh-reed); arabic, means sound of the birds. Make sure to get some phlegm sounds in when you pronounce the 'gh'. ew what a horrible way to describe my name huh! lol

  • top & brooch, vintage; dress worn as skirt, american apparel; faux tribute heels, gojane.com; earrings, chanel;

    the past couple days have been lazy morning days where i got out of bed and threw on whatever i saw that was clean to go to work and unpack and organize my new office. it feels good to have my own brand new space. after work i decided i missed my lame` genius skirt. for all of you who wish to buy this, i recommend to buy it in a size or two larger then your true size as it rides up as you walk. as flashy and revealing of my butt this is i really search for ways to wear it. i really dont like the shoe i wore however, i shall carry a plan B shoe on shoots from now on.

    Ghazal 441

    show me your face
    i crave
    flowers and gardens
    open your lips
    i crave
    the taste of honey
    come out from
    behind the clouds
    i desire a sunny face
    your voice echoed
    saying "leave me alone"
    i wish to hear your voice
    again saying "leave me alone"
    i swear this city without you
    is a prison
    i am dying to get out
    to roam in deserts and mountains
    i am tired of
    flimsy friends and
    submissive companions
    i die to walk with the brave
    am blue hearing
    nagging voices and meek cries
    i desire loud music
    drunken parties and
    wild dance
    one hand holding
    a cup of wine
    one hand caressing your hair
    then dancing in orbital circle
    that is what i yearn for
    i can sing better than any nightingale
    but because of
    this city's freaks
    i seal my lips
    while my heart weeps
    yesterday the wisest man
    holding a lit lantern
    in daylight
    was searching around town saying
    i am tired of
    all these beasts and brutes
    i seek
    a true human
    we have all looked
    for one but
    no one could be found
    they said
    yes he replied
    but my search is
    for the one
    who cannot be found

    -Jalalud'din Rumi