NYC Style Spot   +  preppy

Fat Prep
I never thought I'd say this, but I adore the preppy look that is ever so popular right now. And yes, like many of you, this became an addiction with the premiere of the guilty pleasure that is Gossip Girl. Chuck Bass, will you marry me? And better yet, can Blair Waldorf please style our wedding? The show is so full of fashion magnificence it's almost hard to focus on the plotline (which is surprisingly enthralling, I should add). It's like The OC went Vogue...and got hotter actors.
Blair, Serena, Jenny, and yes, even Vanessa (I spotted her in an Urban Outfitters dress I own during last week's episode) are so well-dressed it makes me ashamed that their characters are at least four years younger than me. Nevertheless, I swallow my pride and take notes from the teens every Monday night at 8pm, hoping that a little of their fabulousness will rub off.
If you are as excited as I am about this look, get these things in your closet immediately:
  • brightly colored tights
  • cable knit, plaid, and argyle everything
  • bows & ruffles
  • pleated skirts
  • well-fitted blazers, cardigans & vests
  • socks! ankle, knee, and thigh high all work.
  • when in doubt, stick to navy blues, creams, whites, reds, yellows, and greens
  • ties, ties, ties!
I've put together a look for us girls whose bodies don't exactly resemble Leighton Meester's. Grab your preppiest little black dress (the one below is from Evans):Add some color and fun with the following items:Gossip Girl by GabiGregg
(Click the above image for purchasing details)
And voila! Now you are totally competing with Serena and Blair for the position of queen bee. Have fun ladies, but play nice.
xoxo, gossip girl(hey, i can pretend, right?)