NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Black Year Round
So I introduced you to Carmakoma back in October when I explained my obsession for all things black. Well, my love for that color has not diminished, and neither has this label's fab factor. After seeing the amazing pieces in their Spring '09 lookbook, I can confidently proclaim that Carmakoma is officially my favorite plus size brand. Their designs are chic, young, simple, and sophisticated. The hardware and accents are perfectly placed, and the balance of structure and comfort is impeccable. Most of all, I love that they make black work for spring time! I've felt so pressured lately to wear floral prints and pastels, but the lack of color in their spring designs eases my mind a little. Don't get me wrong, I do love color (that coral dress is superb), but I'm glad to know I can still wear black from head to toe even when it's warm out. And by the way, yes, those are metal studded harem pants you see in the first outfit. Must. Have.