NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Rules Are Made To Be Broken
My mother has always jokingly told me I have "Oppositional Defiant Disorder," meaning I disagree with everything she says just to be difficult. Naturally, I argued with her over this assertion. Lately though, I'm beginning to think she just might be right; I've realized I do have a tendency to act out in oppositional ways when authorities try to tell me right from wrong. What made me come to this realization, you ask? Harem pants. I want to hate them, I really do. In fact, I did for a while. But recently (and I don't care how "last season" they are), I've become obsessed with buying a pair, and I'm pretty sure it's all because everyone says they're heinous. The more I read about how ugly and unfashionable they are, the more I find myself needing to prove I can rock them. I have found this same phenomenon occurs when people discuss how fat girls should never be seen in jumpsuits, rompers, or acid wash. Sorry Stacy and Clinton, I'll be donning all of the above this spring, and looking fab while doing so.Black Playsuit, EvansBlack Harem Pants, EvansAcid Wash Jeans, Torrid