NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Take 2 Vintage Backyard Pop Up Sale
take2vintageToday I attended what I'm dubbing a "curated garage sale;" local dealers Joe and Robyn of Take 2 Vintage hosted an invite-only backyard pop up sale at their lovely West Side home. I'd come across Take 2 Vintage previously at one of the first Vintage Bazaar flea markets, they specialize in housewares and furniture so Robyn was trying to clear out some of jewelry, clothing and purses that she's been collecting over the years. The best part was rock bottom prices!70sjewelryGroovy 1960s and 1970s jewelry.vintagebeadnecklacesBead necklaces in all hues.basketpurseA folk art style basket purse from the 1960s or 1970s that featured painted buildings and decoupaged pictures with a local connection.70sraincoatI took the opportunity to take a few outfit photos in the backyard. I'm gleefully holding up a tiny 1970s shopping basket that Take 2 Vintage was selling. Thanks India of Apt 528 for taking photos for me!

OUTFIT DETAILS:
1970s London Fog Raincoat: Village Thrift, Chicago
1960s paisley dress: Very Best Vintage, Chicago
Calvin Klein Boots via Buffalo Exchange, ChicagovintagecatbroochIt's hard to see in the outfit photo but I'm wearing a HUGE & amazing vintage ('70s?) plastic and rhinestone cat face pin. I just bought it this morning at a rummage sale. It reminded me of the famous Lea Stein designed animal brooches but mine was much more affordable.patternonpatternI'm modeling a 1970s sweater & a 1960s brocade bag from Take 2 Vintage. Yes, I normally would not wear all these patterns together!vintagestewardessdressA very Pan Am stewardess style dress.redearringsGorgeous red earrings.traincaseA 1960s vinyl blue train case/make up bag.70ssewingpatternsmoonglowbeadsSets of vintage moonglow beads, the pink sets reminded me of my friend Maranda.silvershoes1960s "Cinderella" shoes-- silver and clear plastic.vintagecatnecklaceSurprisingly I did not buy this green pebbled 1970s cat necklace.aquapurseA 1960s handbag in my favorite shade of blue, aqua!purseinteriorThe purse also has a surprise, a lovely patterned interior.india_groovyapronIndia trying on her purchase, a 1970s apron.cocacolabagI have several 1960s/70s vinyl flight style bags but this one is special-- it was branded for the Coca-Cola company. India snatched this up to use for her laptop computer bag.There were loads of vintage jewelry pieces that tempted me at the sale, I came home with the late 1950s plastic floral necklace pictured above and below.take2vintagefindsRobyn let me take the mini shopping basket home with me! I also bought the floral necklace, a cut glass bead necklace (1950s?) and a rhinestone studded gold filled locket from the 1920s.

I hope more of my vintage dealer friends have similar curated garage sales this summer! Maybe with bbq next time?