NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Live and Learn
I'm still alive! I'm staying with my best friend in Harlem and absolutely loving it. Remember when I said I had big news? Well, on Friday I helped style my very first photo shoot for a mainstream magazine: I was the assistant to Kate Harrowsmith, fashion editor of the Australian Marie Claire. It was, in a word, awesome. It was a twelve hour work day, but every single minute was totally worth it.
I'd planned to wear a dress and heels, but apparently that is a huge no-no. A friend of mine who works in the biz told me they can always spot a novice because of what they're wearing, so at the last minute I decided to run out and buy some cheap flats. I ended up kind of hating the ones I bought, but they were the least horrible option. When I met the crew that was working on the shoot I was a tad embarrassed; every single person was wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and converse. Oh well, I loved my dress, and next time I guess I'll know better.The dress is from Salvation Army (hemmed by me), the shoes are from Rainbow.