NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Told Ya So
I was not lying when I said: 1) I still love wearing all black even though it's spring, and 2)I'm obsessed with all things mesh and/or sheer
Some of you may find this outfit a tad on the boring side, and understandably so. I definitely could have accessorized a little more, but I was running late and such is life. Mostly I am posting just to show off my phenomenal new BCBG shoes--seriously, they kill my feet and I don't even care. Patent leather? Wedge? Elastic? Yes please.
This ensemble came together randomly, as most of mine do: The "dress" is a skirt from H&M that is way too long for my taste, beneath it I am wearing an old mesh top that I found in my closet (I know, amazing, I didn't even have to go to the thrift store). I got it from Express when I was thirteen (no, I don't know why I keep clothing for ten years--apparently for situations like this) and I'm wearing it backwards because the front is embroidered with ugly pink roses, something that only the year 1999 could've produced. The sheer leggings are from CVS (I love that drugstores sell hosiery), and the hand jewelry is actually the strap of a purse that I got from the same place I got my blazer: the ever-amazing Salvation Army.
I still don't know if this outfit is really blog-worthy, but I hope you guys at least like the shoes, because you will be seeing a lot more of them.