NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Mark Fast Uses Plus Models in LFW
I'm a terrible fashion blogger. I literally haven't reviewed one show from New York Fashion Week. I planned on doing so, but I got so behind that now I'm way too overwhelmed. Plus, I assume those of you who actually care have already seen all the shows. And if you haven't, well, go ahead and read any fashion blog out there to see the highlights (or do it the old school way and browse style.com). If you want a plus size perspective, Christina has written a few reviews that you should check out.

London Fashion Week has now begun, and the thing everyone's talking about is the fact that designer Mark Fast incorporated three plus size models into his show, a choice that caused his stylist (Erika Kurihara) to quit. According to Grazia Daily, Mark Fast is working on a "project to get designers to make clothes for different shaped women." Sarah Mower of Style.com writes "Mark Fast courageously followed through on his convictions. 'A lot of people think it's not appropriate to use plus-size models,' he said. 'But I met these girls and I loved their charisma. They're just jewels, you know?'"Photo credit: WWD
Some people say the designer is doing it to get publicity, others complain that these girls aren't really "plus size," but I, for one, applaud Mark. In my opinion, seeing body diversity on a mainstream runway is always a good thing.