NYC Style Spot   +  Inspiration

Valita
Valita is, hands down, the flyest fat girl I have ever met (we had the pleasure of hanging out in NYC). Known for wearing bright colors, cropped jackets and mini skirts, V's style is flawless. Seriously, her hair is fierce, her eyebrows are always perfectly arched, and her nails are never bare. Whenever I see her pictures, I am always inspired to bring my A game.Name: Valita a.k.a. V.a. Doll
Age: Forever 21+2
Location: Washington, DC
Size: 14-18
Favorite places to shop: My grandmother’s closet, my Aunt Gaby’s costume jewelry drawer/ various makeup baskets (she is a notorious shopaholic, it’s like overstock.com at her house), and the usual suspects: H&M, Urban Outfitters, thrift stores, flea markets and everywhere in between.
Fashion Icons: Audrey Hepburn has timeless, classic style. Other than her I just have an affinity for all bad/bossy chicks. It’s less about their clothes and more about how they use their clothes to convey whatever they're pumping at that time (for example when J. Lo was at her prime, when Kimora Lee Simmons was fabulous, when Lauryn Hill was the one). I also admire Marlene Dietrich, Marilyn Monroe, Coco Chanel, the list could go on. It’s more about style than fashion. I enjoy fashion as a tool, but fashion fades, style is timeless.
Current Obsession: Fur, suede, leather and of course always bright, rich colors (I’m from DC), boots, and dope haircuts.
Advice to other YFF Girls: Feel your beat now or forever hold your peace, meaning live out loud now because time is the one thing you can’t get back. You’re young, do the most while you can get away with it. Work with what you have and live today not tomorrow, because tomorrow may never come. Fill up every room with whatever is special about you.

For the record, Valita does not have a blog. I will always let you know if the girls I feature have one!

Want to be featured on YFF? Send an email to gabi@youngfatandfabulous.com and you might be chosen next!